Me!!!

Me!!!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Essay Summey

My Essay Summery
Berber music and dance is special. It has been passed through many generations without being influenced by any other culture. It is also a way for them to communicate and be close to each other, and I shouldn’t forget to mention that it is an entertainment for them during free time and in festivals.
Many people and their cultures as you know came to Morocco, people such as Romans and Berbers. There for, they did not impact that much on Berbers culture. They may be affected them on their food, religion… but not music and dance. However, what really impresses me is the fact that not only it wasn’t influenced but it also has been kept through many years the way it is with no changes. And I think the reason why it did, is that as we know, Berbers live up in the mountains or far away in the Sahara and their technology isn’t that high so that could have contact with the villages.
For the Berbers, It is a way to communicate and entertain their selves. By mentioning communication, I’ve meant that they sing about their history or how do they feel or else. Many Berber songs also have the fact of expressing their emotions, and we can see that by the rhyme. It is an entertainment for them because that what they do after their work or at the festivals such as marriage. If you go at a Berber village, you’ll regularly hear someone singing which proves again that it is a way for them to have fun.
All in all, Berber music and dance is a part of their traditions that we cannot take it away for them, and it is an entertainment for them. I should not forget to mention that it is their way to communicate as it is for us to do it by books.

20 comments:

  1. Hello. Your presentation was very "amusing". I liked the fact that "you" made the effort to show us a Berber dance. From what I heard, there are many more types of dances. What are some of other famous Berber dances?

    ReplyDelete
  2. to answer your question I made a long research and found the following dances:
    -Ahidus
    -Ahwash
    -Urar
    -T'bal
    -Guerda
    Thank you for injoying my presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree I enjoyed how you let as come down and do a Berber dance.

    Do women or, men dance the most, and do they have different types of dances and different meanings?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry but can you please be more specific because I didn't understand to your questions and I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellias, I think your topic was done well because you mentioned that Berber women and men dance together and that is true. I agree with you because I witnessed the Berbers dancing together so I know it is true.

    Question: If the Berbers are Muslim then why do they dance together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahmed, I loved your presentation it was very entertaining I see that you did a lot of research to find this information. I really like how you invited people to join you in the floor and they learned how to dance.

    Q: Their dance does it get effected by the current technology?

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Ellias,
    As I mentioned before in my presentation, Berber woman and man, even thought they are muslim, they dance together, while in their religion they shouldn't. HOwever they do because it is their culture/tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you mean by current technologie? please can you be more specific because I am sorry but I am not sure by what do you mean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Myriel, I liked you presentation and I was impressed that Berbers dance togther, because of what I have heard before, they have to be seperate most of the time.

    question: Is there another way that Berbers have fun, I mean adults?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well yes but it is not music and dance topic, however I will answer you:
    -They can have fun by sitting together and telling some stories or jokes or just talk
    -By playing some games that they have
    -Walk in the moutains
    -And finally which impressed me when I found this information, working for them is having an advanture and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked your presentation and your video and the way you made us all sit together and dance.

    But a question for you. You said that men and women dance together, doesn't islam prohibit that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zainab, Your topic and presentation was interesting. I like the idea of making the audience dance while watching the video. It was fun.

    Question : Does each group of berbers has a unique and different dance from the other berbers ?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tito, yes islam prohibit that but if you have had read the other comments you would've seen my answer which is that they do it because it is their tradition not their religion,

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed learning how to dance like the Berbers.
    Question: At which festivals do berbers dance at?

    ReplyDelete
  15. They dance at marriage, some berbers do at birthday which is rare, and some at aîd al sabou and when a new baby is born, and at a specificoccasion as aîds.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gerhard, Nice presentation. I really enjoyed your key note.

    Question:What do they usually sing about?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well they usually just sing about their history, but in those days, you might hear they sing songs about love or something they love. But as I said before, i usually about their history.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well yes but it is not music and dance topic, however I will answer you:
    -They can have fun by sitting together and telling some stories or jokes or just talk
    -By playing some games that they have
    -Walk in the moutains
    -And finally which impressed me when I found this information, working for them is having an advanture and fun

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yasmina, I have had a lot of fun in your presentation.

    Q : In what other ways do the Berbers spend their leisure time?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeline, you need to know that I've already answered that question.

    ReplyDelete